CYPRESS HILLS TRAIL CHALLENGE
1. The Cypress Hills Trail Challenge is located on the Saskatchewan side of Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park, a short 31-ish kilometres from Maple Creek to the Centre Block. The start/finish lines will be on the road alongside Loch Leven lake, in front of the swimming pool/Lake View Grill. Package pick-up will be located just outside the Visitor Centre/Lake View Grill doors. Parking is available in the main parking lot in front of the pool and more in the parking lot behind the pool. If you are staying in the park we encourage walking or carpooling to the start line.
2. Package pick-up will be available outside the Visitors Centre/Lake View Grill on Friday, September 2nd, as well as on race day.
Friday, September 1st: 6 pm — 7:30 pm.
Saturday, September 2nd: package pick-up will start at 8 am.
If you are able to register on the 1st, that is recommended. If you need to wait until race day, please arrive no later than 15 minutes prior to your event start time.
3. Event start times are as follows:
21 km: 9:00 am
10 km: 9:30 am
5 km: 9:40 am
2 km: 9:50 am
There will be one water station on the 5 km route, three on the 10 km route (one will have electrolytes), and five on the 21 km route (three will have electrolytes).
4. Meal service by the Lake View Grill will begin at approximately 10:30 am. Your bib has a "FOOD" tear-away — you will need to present this in order to receive a meal. This year, we will be providing Jerk Pork Wraps (limited vegetarian wraps will be available) with raw vegetables provided by Stigter's Greenhouse.
5. Prizes will begin shortly after meal service begins and will go to the top three finishers in the 5, 10 and 21 km events (male and female). Also the overall top three in the 2K.
6. If you prepurchased merchandise, you will get it at registration. If you did not and would like to purchase some items they will be for sale on race day, in limited quantities and sizes. (Cash only)
* A big thank you to all of our event sponsors, we couldn't do this without them: The Resort at Cypress Hills, Cypress Hills General Store, Lone Pine Pizza, Cypress Hills Golf Course, Drury Lane Fashions, C&G Collision, Cowtown Kids Toy & Candy, Premium Sausage, Rafter R Brewery.
1. The start and finish line will be at the Sleepy Hollow Group Campsite (just outside the park gates, by the go-carts).
2. A table will be set up at the campsite at 6pm for registration and bib pick-up. This event is no longer timed.
3. The Mixer will begin at 6:30 PM and is approximately 10 km, out and back. We are asking that everyone participating bring a headlamp with them, as the days are getting shorter and your safety is our top priority.
4. At the finish line, each participant will receive one free beer from Rafter R Brewing Company, but they will be selling beer until 11:00 pm, so we urge you to stick around and mingle with your fellow participants. The cost is $5/beer and is cash only. We will have perogies and sausage, as well as other snacks and non-alcoholic beverages, available at no cost to the racers, as well. For family and friends, we are asking for a $5 donation - all proceeds going to the Maple Creek Volunteer Fire Department.
6. Please bring your family and friends, or whoever you traveled with, to enjoy the evening, as well! Everybody is welcome, whether they participate in the event or not. The more, the merrier — just remember to bring chairs for those attending.
*Please note that cell phone service in the Sleepy Hollow Campground is sporadic at best, non-existent at worst.