PLEASE NOTE THAT THE DETAILS BELOW ARE APPLICABLE TO THE 2022 EVENT. ONCE WE HAVE CONFIRMED ALL OF THE DETAILS, IT WILL BE UPDATED WITH 2023 INFORMATION!
However, not much will change between the two! You will see a significant change to the Lodgepole Mixer though.
CYPRESS HILLS TRAIL CHALLENGE
1. The Cypress Hills Trail Challenge is located on the Saskatchewan side of Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park, a short 31-ish kilometres from Maple Creek to the Centre Block. The start/finish lines will be on the road alongside Loch Leven lake, in front of the swimming pool/Lake View Grill. Package pick-up will be located just outside the Visitor Centre/Lake View Grill doors. Parking is available in the main parking lot in front of the pool and more in the parking lot behind the pool. If you are staying in the park we encourage walking or carpooling to the start line.
2. Package pick-up will be available outside the Visitors Centre/Lake View Grill on Friday, September 2nd, as well as on race day.
Friday, September 2nd: 6 pm — 7:30 pm.
Saturday, September 3rd: package pick-up will start at 8 am.
If you are able to register on the 2nd, that is recommended. If you need to wait until race day, please arrive no later than 15 minutes prior to your event start time.
3. Event start times are as follows:
21 km: 9:00 am
10 km: 9:30 am
5 km: 9:40 am
2 km: 9:50 am
There will be one water station on the 5 km route, three on the 10 km route (one will have electrolytes), and five on the 21 km route (three will have electrolytes).
4. Meal service by the Lake View Grill will begin at approximately 10:30 am. Your bib has a "FOOD" tear-away — you will need to present this in order to receive a meal. This year, we will be providing beef on a bun with caesar salad and raw vegetables provided by Stigter's Greenhouse.
5. Prizes will begin shortly after meal service begins and will go to the top three finishers in the 5, 10 and 21 km events (male and female). Also the overall top three in the 2K.
6. If you prepurchased merchandise, you will get it at registration. If you did not and would like to purchase some items they will be for sale on race day, in limited quantities and sizes. (Cash only)
* A big thank you to all of our event sponsors, we couldn't do this without them: The Resort at Cypress Hills, Cypress Hills General Store, Lone Pine Pizza, Cypress Hills Golf Course, Drury Lane Fashions, Pharmasave Maple Creek, C&D Purair Plumbing & Heating, C&G Collision, Howards Bakery, Rafter R Brewery.
1. The start line will be at the North end of Loch Leven lake. Parking is limited at the end of the lake so please car pool to the start or allow yourself enough time to park at Loch Leven Beach and make the short walk to the start line.
2. A table will be set-up starting at 6 pm for timing chip pick-up. Yes, this event is timed and yes! We have prizes for the top 3 male and female finishers!
3. The Mixer will begin at 6:30 PM and is approximately 8 km. We are asking that everyone participating bring a headlamp with them, as the days are getting shorter and your safety is our top priority.
4. The finish line will be at the Sleepy Hollow group campsite, which is just outside the park gates. (By the go-carts!) Participants will be required to find their own way back to the start line.
5. At the finish line, each participant will receive one free beer from Rafter R Brewing Company, but they will be selling beer until 11:00 pm, so we urge you to stick around and mingle with your fellow participants. The cost is $5/beer and is cash only. We will have taco in a bag and other snacks, as well as non-alcoholic beverages, available at no cost to the racers, as well. For family and friends, we are asking for a $5 donation - all proceeds going to the Maple Creek Volunteer Fire Department.
6. Please bring your family and friends, or whoever you travelled with, to enjoy the evening, as well! Everybody is welcome, whether they participate in the event or not. The more, the merrier — just remember to bring chairs for those attending.
*Please note that cell phone service in the Sleepy Hollow Campground is sporadic at best, non-existent at worst.
7. We do have some bibs still available for $25, and we'd be happy to register you to save the processing fee. As detailed above, each participant receives a beer and food at the finish line, as well as a commemorative tumbler.