CYPRESS HILLS TRAIL CHALLENGE
1. The Cypress Hills Trail Challenge is located on the Saskatchewan side of Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park, a short 31-ish kilometres from Maple Creek to the Centre Block. The start/finish lines will be on the road alongside Loch Leven lake, in front of the swimming pool/Lake View Grill. Package pick-up will be located just outside the Visitor Centre/Lake View Grill doors.
2. Package pick-up will be available outside the Visitors Centre/Lake View Grill on Friday, September 2nd, as well as on race day.
Friday, September 2nd: 6 pm — 7:30 pm.
Saturday, September 3rd: package pick-up will start at 8 am.
If you are able to register on the 2nd, that is recommended. If you need to wait until race day, please arrive no later than 15 minutes prior to your event start time.
3. Event start times are as follows:
21 km: 9:00 am
10 km: 9:30 am
5 km: 9:40 am
2 km: 9:50 am
4. Meal service by the Lake View Grill will begin at approximately 10:30 am. Your bib will have a "FOOD" tear-away — you will need to present this in order to receive a meal.
5. Prizes will begin shortly after meal service begins and will go to the top three finishers in the 5, 10 and 21 km events.
1. The start line will be at the end of Loch Leven, just down from the CHTC start line.
2. A table will be set-up starting at 6 pm for timing chip pick-up. Yes, this event is timed and yes! We have prizes for the top male and female finishers!
3. The Mixer will begin at 7:00 PM and is approximately 8 km. We are estimating that dusk will hit around 8:15 pm, so if you believe you'll be on the course after that time, we recommend bringing a headlamp.
4. The finish line will be at the Sleepy Hollow group campsite, which is just outside the park gates. (By the go-carts!) Participants will be required to find their own way back to the start line.
5. At the finish line, each participant will receive one free beer from Rafter R Brewing Company, as well as a commemorative mug. There will be prizes for the top male and female finishers, as well as food, a campfire, and beer gardens open until 11 pm.
6. Please bring your family and friends, or whoever you traveled with, to enjoy the evening, as well! Everybody is welcome, whether they participant in the event or not. The more, the merrier — just remember to bring chairs for those attending.
Those who run BOTH events will receive a small dry bag as a token of our appreciation.